New Augusta Phoenix Family,
I wanted to inform you that our athletics teams will begin reopening this week and conducting workouts. First and foremost the most important part of our reopening will be the safety of all involved. We ask that you do a couple of things in order to make that happen.
1. Before dropping your athlete off at practice/workouts please conduct a self-screening which includes checking for a fever, a persistent cough or sneezing, shortness of breath, persistent headache or muscle pain, and lack of taste. If any of these symptoms exist please refrain from having your athlete attend practice until they are 72 hours free of any of these symptoms. Athletes will not be punished in any way for missing practices due to Covid related issues.
2. Make sure they have a physical on file. If the athlete participated in a sport in Pike Township last year their 2019-20 physical will be good for the entire 2020-21 school year. If they are an incoming 6th grader or did not participate last year they will need to print off the physical form and make arrangements to have a physical completed. The Pike Medical Center on 79th and Michigan is accepting walk-ins for physicals.
3. All athletes must complete or update the information on the Activity Registration at www.newaugustamsathletics.com. Simply login as a returning user or create a new account if you are a first-time registrant. If you are a returning user you MUST complete the new IHSAA Medical Release and Consent Form that is on the last page of the registration process. It can be found by clicking on the Step 7 other tab on the left-hand side of the page. Athletes will not be allowed to participate if this section has not been updated.
4. Make sure athletes bring their own water bottle and mask to each workout and practice. Towels will not be provided for the teams as well if they require a towel.
5. Make sure to check out the website for updates. I will be adding content on a regular basis to keep you informed with the latest information. Also, you can follow our new NAPAN Twitter feed @AthleticsNapan.
I also want to pass along the following dates for the 7/8th grade football team workouts. They will be conditioning this Thursday, July 16th at the NAPAN football field from 6-8 pm. The following dates are also scheduled for conditioning workouts. July 21st, 23rd, 28th, 30th. Official practice will begin on August 4th.
Look for further information from our other sports for upcoming workout dates.
Thanks and Let's Go Phoenix #werise